Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Three Cups of Tea Favorite Quotes

"'I don't care where the money comes from. It's all washed clean in the service of God.'"-Mother Teresa, page 236

"'She looked so small, draped in her cloth. And I remember thinking how amazing it was that such a tiny person had such a huge effect on humanity.'"--page 237

"'These two Christian men have come halfway around the world to show our Muslim children the light of education," Abbas said. "Why have we not been able to bring education to our children on our own? Fathers and parents, I implore you to dedicate your full effort and commitment to see that all your children are educated. Otherwise, they will merely graze like sheep in the field, at the mercy of nature and the world changing so terrifyingly around us.'
...
"I request America to look into our hearts," Abbas continued, his voice straining with emotion, "and see that the great majority of us are not terrorists, but good and simple people. Our land is stricken with poverty because we are without education. But today, another candle of knowledge has been lit. In the name of Allah the Almighty, may it light our way out of the darkness we find ourselves in."--page 257

"'Think of them,' he thought. 'Think always of them.'"--page 260

No comments: